Does your organization have an open position?
If you'd like to post a northwest Michigan nonprofit job, VISTA, or internship opportunity on the NorthSky website, please send a 200-word (or less) posting with closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
executive director, northwest michigan supportive housing
Northwest Michigan Supportive Housing (NMSH) is a permanent supportive housing program that covers Antrim, Kalkaska, Grand Traverse, Leelanau and Benzie counties, dedicated to providing rental housing and supportive services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness who struggle with mental illness. NMSH seeks a motivated and dynamic Executive Director, with a passion for engaging the community in solutions to end homelessness, advocating for affordable housing and increasing community support in the Greater Grand Traverse area. Full job description can be found HERE. Resume, cover letter and salary requirements should be sent to email@example.com by July 31st.
HOME BASED THERAPISTS, NORTHERN FAMILY INTERVENTION SERVICES INC.
Home Based Therapist positions available to provide intensive in-home services to families in norther Michigan. Must have MSW or LPC licenses. Experience with children and families with severe emotional disturbances necessary. Have vehicle, willing to travel and work flexible schedule. Please send resume to NFIS, P.O. Box 398, Gaylord, MI49734 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until July 31.
CliniCAL SUPERVISOR, NORTHERN FAMILY INTERVENTION SERVICES INC.
Clinical Supervisor position available to provide intensive in-home services to families in norther Michigan. Must have MSW or LPC licenses. Experience with children and families with severe emotional disturbances necessary. Have vehicle, willing to travel and work flexible schedule. Please send resume to NFIS, P.O. Box 398, Gaylord, MI49734 or email to email@example.com Applications accepted until July 31.
director - services to children and families, northern lakes community mental health
This is an executive position which is responsible for developing, managing, coordinating and supervising a division of services. This position operates with considerable independence under the general supervision of the CEO.
- Northern Lakes Community Mental Health recognizes the value of and employs people with lived experience and believes strongly in Recovery and a Culture of Gentleness. To this end, this position requires a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that “expects recovery” and “encourages gentleness” and accomplishes ends consistent with the Authority’s Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for planning, delivery, and evaluation for services for children diagnosed with Autism, intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities, and serious emotional disturbance and their families. Engages families, community partners and providers in a System of Care.
- Responsible for Infant Mental Health Prevention as well as Early and Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology from an accredited university program.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible experience in a mental health field including at least five (3) years managerial or supervisory experience.
Must have or acquire and maintain licensure with the state of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Psychologist preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to HR@nlcmh.org
leadership giving officer, munson healthcare
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business, or related area.
- A minimum of two years' experience in fundraising, sales, direct marketing or related field, preferably health care related.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make dynamic presentations to community groups.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, e-mail, excel and other software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Comfortable working with donors and asking for gifts.
- Ability to manage several priorities at one time.
This position reports to the President of Munson Healthcare Foundations.
1. Supports the mission of Munson Healthcare Foundations to inspire charitable support to enhance health care for the people in northern Michigan.
- Successfully develops relationships with donors resulting in major gifts for Munson resulting in highly satisfied donors.
- Contacts and visits potential, new and ongoing donors to cultivate, secure, and steward major or planned gifts.
- Schedules appointments with individuals and organizations interested in supporting the health care system.
5. Composes correspondence and proposals to potential donors.
- Provides staff support to board/volunteer committees. Demonstrates success in working with board committees to develop and implement goals and work plans.
- Makes presentations to community groups about the work of various Munson system organizations.
- Quickly responds to requests made by various team or community members.
- Tracks, monitors, and communicates progress towards goals by entering data into Raiser's Edge as outlined in written protocols. Prepares written reports as needed.
- Develops marketing plans for planned giving and major gift solicitation efforts.
- Provides support as needed to other MHC affiliated organizations.
- Applies knowledge about Munson and its systems, the health care industry, and philanthropy to provide accurate information to donors.
- Assists in refining and developing policies and procedures to maintain best practice level regarding securing and stewarding gifts.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
More information and application instructions can be found here.
Manistee Commitment Scholarship Program Coordinator, LAUNCH MANISTEE
The Manistee County Community Foundation and Launch Manistee are seeking a part-time (30 hours per week) program coordinator position to lead implementation of the Manistee Commitment Scholarship Program. The mission of the Manistee Commitment Scholarship Program is to provide financial, academic, and social support for students to be successful in continuing their education after high school. Manistee Commitment Scholars receive a full tuition scholarship for up to three years and/or 60 credits to West Shore Community College. In addition to scholarship support, ongoing programs and activities to help students be successful on their journey to college will be provided throughout their high school career. The Manistee Commitment Scholarship Program Coordinator will oversee and evaluate all aspects of the program and work within the program’s mission to develop, coordinate and perform all major tasks of the program.
For detailed information including responsibilities, program benefits, requirements, and application information, please click here.
AMERICORPS PROGRAM DIRECTOR, SEEDS
SEEDS is hiring an AmeriCorps Program Director! This is a full-time position with the responsibility to manage the SEEDS AmeriCorps programs. The ideal candidate will be an organized and versatile individual with a background in grant writing and showcase excellent communication skills. This position works closely with SEEDS staff to ensure successful fulfillment of grant requirements. Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the full job description and application instructions click here.
hmis system analyst, goodwill industries of northern michigan
Position Summary: The Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) System Analyst serves as a data quality and performance measurement administrator for the Northwest Continuum of Care (NWCOC) and facilitates all HMIS related activities and reporting. This includes serving as HMIS System Administrator for the four Local Work Groups as well as the NWCOC, the Statewide HMIS Planning/Implementation Committee, Bowman Internet Systems, and Area Continuum of Care Coalition homeless service providers. To view the full job description and application instructions click here. Applications accepted until August 11th.
CHARITABLE GIVING OFFICER - mANISTEE, MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Be a Part of Building Our Future
This is an exciting opportunity to impact the future of health care, while living in a truly amazing place.
Munson Healthcare, northern Michigan’s leading health care system, seeks a Charitable Giving Officer to implement annual and mid-level giving plans that engage community members in the Manistee area. This fundraising expert will inspire charitable giving through compelling proposals, private tours and gatherings, personal visits, and special events.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in communications, business or related area with a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or a related field. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to make dynamic presentations to community groups and in homes, and be comfortable working with donors and asking for gifts.
If you are a person who loves managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, this may be the job you’ve been waiting for.
The Munson Healthcare Foundations team works throughout the Munson Healthcare system which serves 540,000 people living in a breathtakingly scenic, four-season recreational region. Northern Michigan is well known as one of America’s “must see” places for family vacations, fine arts, local craft beer and wine, farm-to-table food, fun festivals, sailing, golf, hiking, skiing, fishing, and miles of pristine freshwater shoreline.
To learn more and apply online, visit munsonhealthcare.org/dreamjob.
DIRECTOR, CHEBOYGAN AREA ARTS COUNCIL
The Cheboygan Area Arts Council is looking for an energetic leader who understands non-profits, can get connected to our cause and mission and is willing to invest their time and talents in our community arts program. Preference will be given to candidates who can manage a budget, calendar events, utilize social media, fundraise and who have grant writing experience. Submit cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com or mail to KC Leh P O Box 95 Cheboygan, MI 49721
INTERNSHIP & vista OPPORTUNITIeS
VISTA, Northern Lakes Economic Alliance
Northwestern Michigan is awash in scenic beauty, but a wealth of natural resources doesn’t always equate to a wealth of financial resources. As a VISTA with the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance, you’ll serve in and around Central Lake with a diverse list of community partners to bring financial awareness to the community through a Show Me the Money Day event and America Saves Week. You’ll also help to create a community brand that demonstrates the unique identity and economic advantages Central Lake has to offer, while promoting that brand through a consistent communication plan.
Member Duties : • Successfully organize and implement a Show Me the Money Day, including event marketing. •Create a promotional campaign for, and host community events during, America Saves Week. • Facilitate the process of creating a community brand for Central Lake, including market research, and establishing a leadership group. • Develop a sustainable communication plan, identifying appropriate media outlets and distribution methods.
Deadline: July 26
Link to apply: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=75491&fromSearch=true