Learn the essentials of using QuickBooks for Nonprofits! Join us for a morning focused on using QuickBooks as effectively and efficiently as possible for your organization’s business operations, fundraising and planning.
Topics to be addressed in Quickbooks I – Essentials include:
- Setting up the correct accounts
- Entering your programs
- Tracking your members and donors inside or outside of QuickBooks
- Tracking your vendors
- Adding your annual budget
- Creating reports for the board
- Creating reports for your accountant
- Tracking grants, pledges and dues
- Year-end acknowledgments
- New look for the 2018 Edition
- Calendar that includes appointments and to-do’s
- Attaching scan documents for free
- Using the report center
- Cutting & pasting lists from Excel into QuickBooks
- Updating to the latest version
- Comparing the online edition to the desktop version
Participants are encouraged to bring questions and examples from your own nonprofits, and are welcome to submit questions or topic requests in advance.
This workshop is designed for beginner/intermediate users of Quickbooks, and is an excellent precursor to NorthSky’s Quickbooks II – Intermediate/Advanced workshop on May 23 from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Click here for more details!
About the Instructor:
NorthSky’s Quickbooks training is provided by Kelly LaLonde, CPA, MBA of Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN). Kelly is a manager on DGN’s BizTek and Professional Offices niche team, and has been an integral part of DGN’s QuickBooks training team. She is a member of the American Institute for CPAs and the Michigan Association of CPAs. Kelly holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Roger Williams University of Rhode Island, a Master of Business Administration from Lawrence Technological University and a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor-Advanced certification.