MCACA Grant Opportunities
Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) provides grants to nonprofit organizations, schools, communities and artists throughout the state to support arts and cultural endeavors.
Funding requests are accepted for projects taking place between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017 in the following categories:
- Operational Support (arts organizations) and Project Support (non-arts organizations)
- Capital Improvements: for facility expansion, equipment, upgrades or new construction
- Arts in Education Residency: to provide funding assistance to educational institutions for arts education residencies
- New Leaders: to focus on the engagement, retention, and mentoring of young people in Michigan
- Minigrants: offering funding to Arts Projects, and Professional or Organizational Development (POD)
Workshops to outline the various grant opportunities, guidelines, timelines and requirements focused only on minigrants will be scheduled during late June and July of each year.
MCACA Minigrant Program
MCACA partners with NorthSky to administer the Minigrant program for Region 2 (Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, and Wexford counties). There are two types of minigrants offered through this program:
- Arts Projects (up to $4,000) are designed to address arts and cultural needs, and increase public access to arts and culture
- Professional or Organizational Development (POD) (up to $1,500) are designed to build organizational capacity through professional and organizational development, and support projects that preserve, produce, or present traditional or contemporary arts and culture
MCACA Grant Application Guidelines
The application period to apply for Operational Support, Project Support, Capital Improvements, and Arts in Education Residency grants has passed for Fiscal Year 2017. Grant criteria, application instructions, and additional updates can be found on the MCACA website.
Michigan nonprofit organizations, schools and municipalities are able to apply for arts and cultural projects taking place between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017. The opportunity has passed to apply for MCACA grant applications for Operational Support, Project Support, Capital Improvements and Arts in Education Residencies.
Round 2 minigrant applications for Arts Projects and Professional and Organizational Development are due January 15, 2017. Grant criteria, application instructions, and additional updates can be found on the MCACA website.
For detailed guidelines and application instructions for Arts Projects Minigrants click here, or for Professional or Organizational Development Minigrants click here.
All grant requests and reports must be submitted via e-grant at egrant.mcaca.net
MCACA Grant Final Reports
Each MCACA grant recipient must complete a final report within 30 days of project completion. You can download instructions for completing your final report on the MCACA website.
For further information, local workshop information, and technical assistance, contact NorthSky’s MCACA regrant coordinator Mary Bevans Gillett at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 883-8388.