- About NorthSky
- Resource Center
- Professional Development
- Register for the Winter - Spring 2013 Professional Development Series
- Winter- Spring 2013 Schedule
- NorthSky Leadership Development Initiative
- Executive Coaching for Nonprofit Managers and Board Chairs
- Peer Learning Circle for Executive Directors
- Peer-to-Peer Coaching Circle
- Employment Opportunities
- Intern in Michigan
- Lawrence Tech University Center for Nonprofit Management
- Grants & Special Programs
- Organization Planning Calendar
- Select a Consultant
Michigan Community Resources
Michigan Community Resources' mission is to support and empower community organizations in Michigan that serve low-income individuals and communities, with an emphasis on community economic development, by providing pro bono legal services and technical assistance.
SERVING NONPROFITS’ LEGAL NEEDS
We are all familiar with free (pro bono) legal services for individuals, especially criminal defendants. Michigan Community Resources (MCR) arranges for pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations rather than individuals. This is a unique service which nonprofit organizations cannot find elsewhere, but which is desperately needed. In today’s world, nonprofit organizations face a gamut of legal, regulatory and business issues which require legal and professional assistance. Those serving poorer communities simply do not have resources to hire the legal talent they need. By matching volunteer business lawyers in private practice with these nonprofit organizations, MCR fills this need. Click here to see some sample projects.
MCR also offers Planning & Technical, and Education & Outreach services and support to nonprofit community organizations.
For further information, visit http://www.clronline.org/ or to request legal assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org